Roof inspections are important for many reasons. Here are some of the benefits of getting a roof inspection for your New Hampshire home:
- Find Water Damage: A professional roofer will check your roof for shingle condition, flashing installation, soft spots, and leaks. In addition, they will review the interior of your roofing system which is equally important to extend the life of your roof.
- Save Money: Since you don’t check your attic or roof regularly, it’s impossible to know when something is wrong without a roof inspection. Regular inspections can help you avoid costly repairs in the future.
- Simplifies Insurance Claims: If you have an inspection report that shows your roof is in good condition, it can help simplify the insurance claims process if you ever need to file a claim.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your roof is in good condition can give you peace of mind and help you sleep better at night.
- Maximize Your Roof’s Lifespan: Regular inspections can help you identify problems early on and prevent them from becoming bigger issues later on. This can help maximize the lifespan of your roof.
How To Extend The Life Of Your Roof in New England
- Routinely clean gutters: This helps water flow away from your home and prevents blockages.
- Get your roof inspected: Regular inspections can help identify problems early on and prevent them from becoming bigger issues.
- Trim tree branches: This helps prevent them from falling on your roof.
- Add home insulation: This prevents heat from escaping through the roof.
- Clean the roof: This removes debris that can cause damage to your roof.
- Repair individual roof shingles: This prevents leaks.
- Avoid ice dams: Ice dams can cause damage to your roof and gutters.
- Be proactive about repairing damaged areas of the roof: This can help prevent further damage.
- Keep an eye on the weather and inspect your roof after any major storms: This can help identify any damage that may have occurred during the storm.
- Create rules regarding who can go on the roof: This can help prevent unnecessary damage to your roof.
How To Prevent Water Damage to Your New Hampshire Home’s Roof
- Use a reputable roofing contractor to install or repair your roof: This can help ensure that your roof is installed correctly and is less likely to leak due to poor workmanship.
- Fix areas of ponding right away: Ponding water can cause damage to your roof over time.
- Clean gutters regularly: This helps water flow away from your home and prevents blockages.
- Watch for damaged flashing: Damaged flashing can cause water to seep into your home.
- Keep an eye on your attic ceiling: This can help you identify any leaks that may be occurring.
- Remove snow and ice buildup after heavy winter storms: This can help prevent ice dams from forming.
- Conduct roof repairs: Regular repairs can help prevent leaks from occurring.
- Apply water repellent: This can help prevent water from seeping into your home.
- Maintain temperature control of the roof: This can help prevent ice dams from forming.
- Respond to a roof leak and resulting water damage: If you notice a leak, it’s important to respond quickly to prevent further damage.
- Hire professional water damage restoration services: If you experience water damage, it’s important to hire professionals who can help restore your home.
Nick Tracy Roofing offers professional roof inspections in most towns in Southern New Hampshire. Call 603-921-1706 now to start the process.